YC-020 Solvent Extraction Equipment
- The whole machine is made of SUS304 stainless steel and conforms to GMP regulations.
- Suitable for extraction of traditional Chinese medicine & natural product fermentation broth and vacuum low-temperature concentration of extracts.
- Small size, low operating noise, and high extraction efficiency.
- Built-in extracting basket, easy to take the materials
Pilotech YC-020 Solvent Extraction Equipment
Pilotech organic solvent extraction machine is used for the extraction and vacuum concentration of active ingredients such as natural product & Chinese medicine in the laboratory or pilot test plant. The machine is designed in one piece, and the built-in low-noise water ring vacuum pump is easy to operate and stable in operation.
|Sr.no||Parameter||Pilotech YC-020 Solvent Extraction Equipment|
|3||Extraction tank capacity||20L|
|4||Material||SUS 304 Stainless Steel|
|5||Evaporation chamber vacuum degree||0~-0.08MPa|
|6||Precision of temperature||±2℃|
|8||Cooling water pressure||＜0.3pa|
|10||Stainless steel||three-decker/outer insulation/intermediate heating|
|Stainless steel extractor（20L)|
Tube array condensator
coiled tube condenser
pipeline sight glass
Stainless steel water ring pump
Omron temperature controller
Stainless steel extract blue
Sanitary safety valve
connection with pipe Tube Fitting Valve
|12||Tube array condensator area||0.5㎡|
|13||Coiled tube condenser area||0.3㎡|
|range of application|
|Chinese herbal medicine/natural product/ cosmetics/foodstuff|
Ultrasonic extraction/Dynamic extraction/Volatile aromatic oil recovery….
Solvent Extraction Equipment: The Complete Buying Guide
Pilotech has nearly 20 years of experience in extraction equipment production, and our multifunctional extraction equipment has a wide application in pharmaceutical factories around the world and university labs of traditional Chinese medicine and health food.
Pilotech organic solvent extraction equipment is suitable for small-scale , medium-scale and pilot tests in labs, with specifications of 5L, 10L, 20L, 30L, 50L, 60L, 80L, 100L, 120L, 150L, 180L, and 200L. We can also customize our products according to your order, properties of your materials and your capacity.
For the safety of the food and drugs you produce, our organic solvent extraction equipment is made of SUS304 stainless steel in accordance with the GMP standard. We can also use SUS316 stainless steel as required.
For long-term stable operation of the solvent extraction equipment, we choose well-known brands for our accessories, such as Delta PLC, Omron temperature controller.
The extraction and concentration tanks of the organic solvent extraction equipment are integrated in a mobile framework, so you can move them at any time as required by the lab.
You may have different process requirements when using the R&D equipment, and Pilotech solvent extraction equipment can be used for thermal reflux extraction, percolation extraction, vacuum decompression extraction, and vacuum cryogenic concentration.
For your safety, explosion-proof motor and explosion-proof electric control cabinet are used in our Pilotech organic solvent extraction equipment, along with thicker stainless steel tank plates.
Pilotech solvent extraction equipment is suitable for the extraction and concentration of traditional Chinese medicine and natural products. The specific weight after concentration can reach 1.1-1.13, and the concentrated materials can be dried into powder using our low temperature spray dryer YC-1800, or turned into granules directly used for tableting or capsules using our fluidized granulator.
To ensure that the extraction equipment you purchased works well, before delivery, we will conduct sealing tests and test operating for 72 hours. If the tests and operation went well, another extraction and concentration test will be made using traditional Chinese medical materials. If no failure emerged, then we will arrange for delivery. Once you receive the goods, we will send you video guidance for install and operation. If necessary, we will also arrange for engineers to come to your lab for installing and training.
Please feel free to contact us for more information about our products and prices.
Solvent Extraction Equipment: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Today, I will answer all questions you have been asking about solvent extraction equipment.
So, if you want to be an expert in these extraction equipment, read this guide.
- What Is Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- Why Should You Invest In Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- What Is The Difference Between Solvent Extraction And Solvent Distillation?
- Which Are the Solvent Types Used in Solvent Extraction Machine?
- What Are the Properties Of The Best Solvent To Use In A Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- Why Is Hexane the Common Solvent To Use In Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- How Many Types of Solvent Extraction Equipment Are There in The Market?
- Which Are the Necessary Solvent Extraction Machineries?
- Which Are the Main Parts of Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- Which Are The Main Stages Of Extraction Process In Solvent Extraction Machine?
- What Are the Extraction Techniques Employed in Solvent Extractor Machines?
- Which Are the Products That You Can Process with Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- Can You Recycle the Solvent During The Operation Of The Solvent Extraction Machine?
- What Are The Benefits Of Integrating A Solvent Recycling System With Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- How Does Bed Type Affect The Performance Of Solvent Extractors?
- Which Are The Main Parameters To Control When Using Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- What Is The Meaning Of Miscella In Solvent Extractor?
- How Do Batch Solvent Extractor And Continuous Solvent Extractor Compare?
- What Is the Output Of Your Solvent Extraction Equipment?
- Do You Manufacture Mini Solvent Extraction Plant Machinery?
- Is Solvent Extraction Equipment Environmentally Friendly?
What Is Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Solvent extraction equipment refers to equipment used for extracting solvents.
Solvent extraction equipment is available in different sizes and configurations.
Solvent Extraction Equipment
Why Should You Invest In Solvent Extraction Equipment?
You should invest in solvent extraction equipment due to the following reasons:
- Helps in the separation of hazardous contaminants from sludge as well as sediments.
- Solvent extraction equipment assists in carrying out the process of extraction itself
- For completing the process of solvent recovery of the solvent so that it can be reused through distillation.
- To ensure a high oil yield rate.
- They ensure a low residual oil rate in the oil cake.
- Investing in solvent extraction equipment will ensure high productivity and low consumption.
- They possess an efficient design, are of high quality, and require professional installation.
- Solvent extraction equipment is cost-effective.
What Is The Difference Between Solvent Extraction And Solvent Distillation?
The main difference between solvent extraction and solvent distillation is that the latter is able to purify both liquid and solid phase substances.
Solvent distillation, on the other hand, is only able to purify substances that are in a liquid mixture.
Solvent distillation is mostly used in the petroleum and solvent industry. Solvent extraction is commonly used in industries like fragrances, food products, pharmaceuticals, and essential oils.
The techniques which are used in solvent distillation include vacuum, simple, zone, steam, fractional, air-sensitive vacuum, and short path distillation.
Insolvent extraction processes the most common types include liquid-liquid extraction and solid-liquid extraction.
Which Are the Solvent Types Used in Solvent Extraction Machine?
The solvent types used in solvent extraction include:
- ethyl acetate
- diethyl ether
- ethyl acetate
- Isohexane mixed isomers
What Are the Properties Of The Best Solvent To Use In A Solvent Extraction Equipment?
The perfect solvent for use in solvent extraction equipment should possess the following properties:
- It should be miscible with the liquid supposed to be extracted.
- Be immiscible with the other components of the mixture or should react with the solute.
- Have a low boiling point that is below the solute’s melting point to evaporate easily after collection.
- Possess a favourable temperature coefficient
- Not toxic and not flammable because it may harm the instruments used for extraction
- Volatile: the solvent should be very volatile in a way that it can be removed with ease from the extracted material through distillation.
- Should not dissolve impurities.
- To help in easier separation, the compound’s density should be different from that of the required component.
Why Is Hexane the Common Solvent To Use In Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Hexane is the most commonly used solvent in solvent extraction equipment due to the following reasons:
- Hexane possesses a boiling point that is low of about 67℃.
- It exhibits high solubility of fats and oils during the extraction process.
- Uses less horsepower.
- Requires little maintenance.
- Relatively reliable and efficient.
- It can be recovered and reused in the extraction process. This is because hexane absorbed in the material is recovered through the processes of condensation of Miscella and its evaporation.
How Many Types of Solvent Extraction Equipment Are There in The Market?
There are three main types of solvent extraction equipment in the market and these include:
- Rotary Solvent
- Continuous loop Type Solvent Extractor: it is efficient and economical thus utilized by many large oilseed plants.
- Horizontal belt Solvent Extractor
- mixer-settler extractors.
- extraction columns and.
- centrifugal extraction equipment.
Which Are the Necessary Solvent Extraction Machineries?
Necessary solvent extraction machineries include:
- Roller mill: it is used in making oil seeds ready before direct solvent extraction.
- Cooker-conditioner: it is designed to condition the seed to achieve better extraction by adjusting moisture content to an optimum level and heating.
- Flaking mill: it is fitted with rolls that are smoothly suited for flaking oil seeds or cakes before solvent extraction.
- Soybean Oil Solvent Extraction Plant
- Soybean Oil Extraction Machine
- Soybean Crude Oil Refinery
- Automatic Rice Bran Oil Making Equipment
- Coconut Oil Solvent Extraction
- Sunflower Oil Refinery Machine
- Peanut Soybean Sunflower Seeds Oil Making Maker Machine
Which Are the Main Parts of Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Solvent extraction equipment comprises of the following parts:
- Heat recovery system
- De-solventising toaster: it separates the solvent from the wet meal.
- Distillation system
- Extractor: it enables the elimination of the solvent from the meal.
- Evaporator: it stabilizes temperature and moisture and separates the solvent from miscella.
- Solvent recovery system: it minimizes the loss of solvents and ensures the final oil has the optimum flashpoint.
Solvent Extractor Equipment
Which Are The Main Stages Of Extraction Process In Solvent Extraction Machine?
The extraction process in solvent extraction machine is categorised into the following stages:
- Preparation Of Raw Material: materials should be well prepared to ensure that the solvent must meet all of the material’s oil-bearing cells.
Smaller material sizes allow for perfect solvent penetration to oil-bearing cells although they should not be too fine to inhibit the process.
- Extraction Process: the material which is prepared gets into the extractor via the rotary air seal.
During movement, the extractor’s bed is continuously washed at several points using miscella of decreasing concentration and finally a fresh solvent.
- Desolventization Of Extracted Material: after a wash by fresh solvent the material is removed from the band conveyor to a chain conveyor conveying it to the disolventiser.
The material is heated to 100°C using jacketed steam and then discharged via an airtight seal to the pneumatic conveyor then to the bagging section.
- Distillation Of Miscella
- Recovery Of the Solvent by Absorption: in the dissolventiser, the solvent which is absorbed is evaporated into vapours.
- Meal finishing and bagging.
What Are the Extraction Techniques Employed in Solvent Extractor Machines?
The techniques employed in solvent extraction include:
- Batch Extraction: it is used with small-scale chemical industries and the process is conducted using a separator funnel.
- Continuous Extraction: it is used on components that require multi-stage extraction. That is, they need materials to be separated at every stage.
- Counter-current Extraction: it is well performed by using a disc disintegrator that is toothed to produce fine slurry. In the counter-current extraction method, the material which is to be extracted moves in one direction and the solvent in the other direction.
- Phenoxy process: removes phenol from the effluent of catalytic cracking in petroleum refinery.
- Super critical fluid extraction technique
- pressurized liquid extraction.
- microwave assisted extraction
- Maceration: Involves extraction of thermolabile components
- Percolation: continuous process in which the saturated solvent is constantly being replaced by fresh solvent.
- Decoction: The extract from decoction contains a large number of water-soluble impurities.
- Reflux extraction: requires less extraction time and solvent.
- Soxhlet extraction
- Supercritical fluid extraction (SFE)
- Ultrasound assisted extraction (UAE)
- Microwave assisted extraction (MAE)
- Pulsed electric field (PEF) extraction
Which Are the Products That You Can Process with Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Some of the products you can process with solvent extraction equipment include:
- Soya bean seeds
- Cotton seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Corn or maize
- Rice bran
- Peanuts or groundnuts
- Castor seeds
- Palm kernel
- Canola or rapeseeds
Can You Recycle the Solvent During The Operation Of The Solvent Extraction Machine?
Yes, you can recycle the solvent during the operation of the solvent extraction machine as this makes the process economical.
To recycle the solvent, the solute requires stripping from the solvent and then the solvent should be recycled back into the process.
This ensures indefinite recycling of the solvent until it degrades due to radiolytic degradation or hydrolysis of the acid.
Also, it may degrade if its composition changes because of solubility in the aqueous phase.
What Are The Benefits Of Integrating A Solvent Recycling System With Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Benefits of Integrating a solvent recycling system with solvent extraction equipment include:
- Reduces the solvent’s consumption
- Cuts down the production costs
- Ensures production safety
- Improves products’ quality
How Does Bed Type Affect The Performance Of Solvent Extractors?
The type of bed affects the performance of the solvent extractor in various ways some of which include:
- The shallow bed design ensures the solvent is distributed evenly and there is consistent percolation in the material’s bed.
- Due to the shallow bed design, the material is not well compacted. This causes the percolation rate to remain high despite the quality of the product prepared.
- The shallow bed type also tends to eliminate dry spot formation because there are no internal vertical dividers or cells.
- Deep extractors tend to suffer from compression of materials, poor percolation, slow drainage, long extraction times, and high solvent carry-over.
- Uniformity is not available whit the deep extractor bed type and thus may produce varying content of solvent and different densities.
- Deep bed extractors tend to also damage fragile materials
- Slow drainage may also be caused by deep bed extractors. This tends to cause the high solvent to carry over to plant steam consumption.
Which Are The Main Parameters To Control When Using Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Some of the main parameters you should control include the following:
Sufficient temperature must be present at the solvent extractor equipment inlet for the entire equipment to operate near or at solvent’s boiling point.
The extraction process entails mixing, dissolving, and flow processes and it functions faster and better when hot.
The ratio of solvents to solids entering the solvent extractor should pass through an adequate number of effective wash stages.
The stages should be concurrent to the declining oil concentration until it reaches the final solvent pure wash.
Ensure there is sufficient time for dissolving and for the flow process to take place.
This is best utilized if the bed is kept at full depth to ensure maximum solvent extraction equipment volume and depth.
It needs correctly prepared material and extractor suited for most effective drainage and washing for several material ranges even those of low quality. A shallow flake bed reduces the time at each stage in the process and even in the final drainage.
What Is The Meaning Of Miscella In Solvent Extractor?
Miscella refers to a solution of solvent and oil that flows evenly onto the bed through weirs or distributors. It is formed once the raw material has been treated by use of hexane, then the oil is recovered through distillation.
How Do Batch Solvent Extractor And Continuous Solvent Extractor Compare?
Here is all you need to know about these techniques:
Batch Solvent Extraction Machine
It entails extracting the solute from a single immiscible layer into the other by shaking the two layers until equilibrium is got.
Once this is done, the layers are allowed to settle then sampling is done.
Batch extraction is mostly used on small scale like in chemical laboratories. The common apparatus used in carrying out batch extraction is a separatory funnel.
Continuous Solvent Extractor
It is used primarily for fractional purposes, and it is achieved through difference in density between the fluids which are in contact.
In vertical columns, the denser phase enters the top and exhibits a downward flow.
The phase that has a less density flows upwards and gets in at the bottom.
The suitable method to select will generally depend on the solute’s value of the distribution ratio and separation factors of the material interfering.
Continuous Solvent Extraction Machine
What Is the Output Of Your Solvent Extraction Equipment?
Our solvent extraction equipment recovers averagely the entire oil and only leaves a very small percentage of residual oil in the raw material.
In case of use of mechanical pressing, the remaining oil in the oil cake maybe about six to fourteen percent.
The solvent extraction equipment can be directly applied to ant materials of low oil content.
Our solvent extraction equipment will make sure that you recover a high percentage of oil and can be used to extract pre-pressed oil cakes.
Do You Manufacture Mini Solvent Extraction Plant Machinery?
Yes, we do manufacture mini solvent plant machinery once you confirm the capacity that you need. We will ensure that it is designed to suit your specifications.
Is Solvent Extraction Equipment Environmentally Friendly?
Solvent extraction is environmentally friendly because solvents like water which are environmentally friendly can be used.
Recently, greater emphasis has been put on the use and development of green solvents.
These green solvents or bio solvents are derived by processing crops.
At Pilotech, we have a range of solvent extraction equipment.
Tell us what you need and we will customize solvent extraction equipment for you.