Milk Spray Dryer Machine Manufacturer
- Milk spray dryer with laboratory size (500ML/H), small test size (1500ML/H) and pilot test size (4000ML/H).
- It can also be used in fields such as food, biology, chemicals, materials, pharmaceuticals, and metals.
- High-temperature type, vacuum low-temperature type, organic solvent type, spray drying, and granulation all-in-one machine.
- Exported to more than 60 countries and regions including the United States, Italy, Germany, France, Britain, South Korea, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Japan.
Pilotech Lab & Pilot Scale Milk Spray Dryer Machine
Pilotech milk spray dryer completely simulates industrial production. The experimental results can be directly scaled up to production. The processing capacity has multiple specifications. The bench type, small test, and pilot test have suitable specifications. The pilot scale milk spray dryer is small in size, which occupies only 1 square meter and has low noise, no more than 60DB, and high material recovery rate.
Milk Spray Dryer Machine : The Complete Buying Guide
Spray dryer are always used in milk powder production. It is energy saving and highly efficient to have quick production of mild powder by spray drying after flash evaporation concentration.
Pilotech Milk Spray Dryer Machine, as a laboratory & pilot-scale type, are mainly used to simulate industrial production in the laboratory, investigate the process for formula milk powder and test the stability of additives.
For laboratory Milk Spray Dryer Machine, the inlet air temperature and recovery rate are the two main concerns. The inlet air temperature should not be too high, or the solubility of milk powder and the activity of active substances added to milk powder will be affected. As for the recovery rate, generally small spray dryer have a very low recovery rate for milk drying. However, with great improvements, our Milk Spray Dryer Machine has achieved a much higher recovery rate.
We have three specifications offered, benchtop Milk Spray Dryer 500ml/h, 1500ml/h and pilot-scale Milk Spray Dryer 3500ml/h. If you just do some formula tests, 500ml/h is enough. The advantage of this model is that a sample of 20ml can be used for an experiment. If you want to make small sample and sometimes have a lot to make, the pilot-scale type would be a good choice for you.
The inlet air temperature of our Milk Spray Dryer Machine ranges from 110°C to 250 C. The low-temperature and high-temperature options can satisfy your different experimental needs such as changes in color and smell of milk powder and selection of food additives.
And our Milk Spray Dryer Machine can also be used for spray drying other foods or natural products like protein, polysaccharide, alkaloid, enzyme preparation, gingko extract, lycium barbarum polysaccharide, starch, grease and other food raw materials.
Pilotech Milk Spray Dryer Machines are used in the pharmaceutical industry as well, applicable to the extraction of most bulk drugs and traditional Chinese medicine.
The body of our Milk Spray Dryer Machine are made of SUS304 stainless steel and the drying chambers are made of high borosilicate glass or SUS304 stainless steel, safe, reliable and satisfactory conform to the requirements of food production.
You can find a world of papers on the application of Pilotech Milk Spray Dryer Machine in Google Scholar and other academic databases.
We have made a video about the operation of the Milk Spray Dryer Machine. The video is like an engineer giving training to you. So you don’t have to worry about not being able to operate it. Even if you have new staff members, there will be no problem for them.
If you want to get more information about our Milk Spray Dryer Machine, contact us for catalog & best price now.
Milk Spray Dryer Machine: The Ultimate FAQs Guide
If you’re looking for more information about milk spray dryer machine, you will find it right here.
It’s because this guide covers everything about these spray dryer machines – from features, components, working principle to optimizing the entire process.
So, keep reading to learn more.
- What Is A Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- How Does Milk Spray Dryer Benefit Your Milk Powder Production Business?
- What Are The Salient Features Of Milk Spray Dryer?
- Why Is Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine The Best Option For Milk Powder Production?
- Which Are The Different Sizes Of Milk Spray Dryer Available In The Market?
- What Are The Two Main Concerns In Small Scale Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Which Are The Common Types Of Pressure Nozzles Used In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- How Does Pneumatic Nozzle Atomizer And Hydraulic Nozzle Atomizers Of Milk Spray Dryer Compare?
- What Is The Comparison Between Single-Stage Milk Spray Drying Machine And Two-Stage Milk Spray Drying Machine?
- Is Mixed Flow Design Suitable For Milk Spray Dryer Machines?
- What Are The Primary Components Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- How Does The Vertical Drying Chamber And Horizontal Drying Design Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine Compare?
- What Is The Principle Of Operation Of Milk Spray Dryer Operate?
- What Are The Powder-After Treatment Methods Employed In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Which Are The Key Characteristics Of Drying Air Used In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- What Is The Typical Droplet Sizes Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine Products?
- Which Are The Acceptable Powder Recovery Systems For Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Can I Use Your Milk Spray Dryer Machine For Spray Drying Pharmaceutical Products?
- What Is The Outlet Air Temperature And Inlet Air Temperature Of Your Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Why Should You Control The Outlet Temperature Of Milk Spray Dryer?
- What Is The Reason For The Introduction Of Fluid Bed Into Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Why Is Vibrating Fluid Bed The Best For Milk Fluidized Spray Dryer?
- How Do You Troubleshoot Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- Which Are The Properties To Regulate During Process Quality Control Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
- How Do You Specify Milk Spray Dryer To A Supplier?
What Is A Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Milk spray dryer machine
A milk spray dryer machine is a piece of equipment necessary for food processing and farms industries. They function by absorbing all the excess moisture.
Milk Spray drying is a process that involves disintegrating the concentrated milk from the evaporator into smaller droplets.
This process is carried out in an extensive drying chamber with the flowing air heated up to 200°C.
The process can be carried out using either high-pressure nozzles or a series of spinning disk atomizers.
How Does Milk Spray Dryer Benefit Your Milk Powder Production Business?
There are several benefits of a Milk Spray Dryer that help ease the milk production process. They include;
- Complete drying process that adequately controls and sustains the milk properties.
- The Milk spray dryer is effective for thermolabile products. Such products can be dried at low temperatures and atmospheric pressure.
- With the milk Spray dryer, you can increase tonnage production in a continuous operation.
- A Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), makes the milk spray dyer machine simple and easy to operate.
- You can use the milk spray dryer for a variety of products. These include those that come in the form of an emulsion, paste, melt, slurry, and solution.
- Mainly, a Milk Spray Dryer is made from corrosion resistant material. Reduced corrosion is an advantageous. This is because dried milk touches the surfaces of the equipment while still in an anhydrous form.
- Also, you can use the Milk Spray dryer to produce dry milk powder particles of various particle shapes, forms, sizes, and moisture. Notably, these parameters can be controlled.
- Lastly, the Milk Spray dryer is capable of handling a broad range of production rates. It also allows for a broad range of designs.
What Are The Salient Features Of Milk Spray Dryer?
Milk spray dryer system
The key features of the Milk Spray dryer include;
- A Centrifugal atomizer that produces highly- fine powder.
- It is fixed with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), making the machine simple and easy to operate.
- Mainly manufactured from corrosion resistant materials.
- For consistency, the milk spray dryer has a superior process control system.
- An adjustable milk spray drying chamber to increase the capacity. You can increase the number of spray nozzles and spray nozzles, and change the air flows and temperatures.
- Milk spray dryers come in various designs.
- The automation feature allows for continuous milk production.
Why Is Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine The Best Option For Milk Powder Production?
The Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine has an increased drying speed.
It can instantly evaporate ninety-five percent to ninety-eight percent of water when in contact with the atomized milk.
Generally, the atomization process increases the liquid’s surface area, which helps quicken the drying process.
The spray drying, therefore, takes only a few seconds. This makes it very suitable for the production of milk powder.
Importantly, the Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine forms a product with a superior quality product, fluidity, increased purity, high uniformity, and solubility.
Also, the Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine has a simple production process. Its operations are easy to control and highly convenient.
For liquids with moisture content, forty percent to sixty percent spray drying could be carried out without the need to crush and screen.
It helps quicken the production process as well as increases the purity of the milk.
Lastly, the Milk Centrifugal Spray Dryer Machine allows you to adjust the size of the particles produced, the moisture content, and the bulk density.
It can be controlled by adjusting the centrifugal spray dryer operating conditions. This makes control and management convenient.
Which Are The Different Sizes Of Milk Spray Dryer Available In The Market?
- Benchtop Milk Spray Dryer – Found in sizes ranging from 500ml/h to 1500ml/h.
- Pilot Scale Milk Spray Dryer – Has an average size of 3500ml/h.
- Industrial Milk Spray Dryer – comes in 4000ml/h and above.
What Are The Two Main Concerns In Small Scale Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
When using a small scale milk spray dryer machine, you should have a keen eye on the following.
Small spray dryer machine
Inlet Air Temperature
The inlet temperature is usually given in ranges. Most milk spray dryer machines have a range of 110 to 250°C.
The inlet temperature affects several properties of the product, including smell, color, moisture retention, and bulk density.
It is important to set the correct inlet air temperature to ensure that it has all your desired specifications.
Recovery in the small-scale milk spray dryer machine primarily uses a cyclone or bag filter, usually paired with a filtration system to makes it effective.
This method, however, is hindered in an environment that contains dust.
Which Are The Common Types Of Pressure Nozzles Used In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Diversity is key to ensure a machine meets your need. As such, our milk spray dryer machines can have either of the below pressure nozzles.
Spray dryer nozzle
Pressure Nozzle Atomizer
This type of nozzle works by applying pressure to the liquid using a high-pressure pump. The pump changes the liquid into kinetic energy of fine liquid films brought into rotary movements.
The film of liquid takes the shape of a hollow cone. With the increase of distance from the nozzle orifice, there is a decrease in the thickness of the film.
Notably, the atomization of the liquid film into particles is dependent on the liquid’s physical properties and the frictional effect of the air.
Importantly, there are two types of pressure nozzle atomizers; the pressure nozzle containing a swirl chamber and a grooved core insert.
Two-fluid Nozzle Atomizer
The two-fluid nozzle is also known as a pneumatic nozzle. High-velocity air is used to disintegrate the feed.
There are two types of two-fluid nozzle atomizers: one with internal and the other with external mixing.
The two-fluid nozzle atomizer with an external mixer is rarely used for dairy products.
On the other hand, the two-fluid nozzles with internal mixing are generally used in small pilot dryers. They are used for specific roles, which require the atomization of little amounts of liquid into highly fine sprays.
How Does Pneumatic Nozzle Atomizer And Hydraulic Nozzle Atomizers Of Milk Spray Dryer Compare?
Hydraulic Nozzle Atomizers
The hydraulic nozzle atomizers, are also known as one-fluid nozzles.
They have an operating principle that includes conducting the feed solution across a decreasing diameter pipe under pressure.
The fluid comes out through a small nozzle orifice at high velocity.
At the same time, it experiences loss in pressure leading to atomization that disintegrates the liquid into fine droplets.
Pneumatic Nozzle Atomizers
The Pneumatic nozzles are also known as multi-fluid nozzles. The two-fluid nozzle atomizer is the most common type of pneumatic nozzle atomizer.
In the two-fluid nozzle atomizer, two phases are fed into the nozzle, the feeds solution and the compressed gaseous atomizing medium.
The compressed gas travels separately from the feedstock solution. Later, they combine either outside the nozzle or inside it.
Notably, the combination is caused by increased frictional forces caused by the high gas velocity.
Disintegration occurs, and the feed solution is broken into droplets.
Just like in other nozzle atomizers, the process of atomization in pneumatic nozzle atomizers is affected by feed properties.
What Is The Comparison Between Single-Stage Milk Spray Drying Machine And Two-Stage Milk Spray Drying Machine?
Single-stage drying involves the complete isolation of water, which takes place by spray drying alone. The heat required for evaporation is solely achieved by the drying air.
The milk droplets contained in the dryer are mixed with hot drying air in proportions. This is to achieve the desired moisture content right before the air and particles are separated.
Two-stage drying is a spray drying method that involves drying to a higher moisture content than the required moisture content.
For milk powders, it could be about 2 to 5% more than normal. The following fluid bed drying gets rid of the excessive moisture.
Compared to the single-stage, the two-stage drying spray dryer’s outlet temperature is about 15 to 25°C lower.
Accordingly, the adjacent air temperature at the key drying stage and particle temperature is consistently lower.
The two-stage drying enables the raising of the inlet temperature as well as the feed concentration.
Is Mixed Flow Design Suitable For Milk Spray Dryer Machines?
Milk spray dryers that have a mixed flow design join both co-current flow and counter-current flow.
In a mixed flow dryer, the atomizer is located at the bottom, whereas the air gets in at the top.
Just as in the counter-current design, the driest particles are exposed to the hottest air in a mixed flow dryer. This makes it unsuitable for products that are sensitive to heat.
What Are The Primary Components Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
The milk spray dryer machine consists of the following;
Parts of milk spray dryer machine
The Drying Chamber
There are various shapes of the drying chamber.
The airflow pattern, the product’s structure and quality, and the product flow are determined by the position of the air dispenser, exhaust air outlet, powder discharge atomizing device, and the system of treatment.
Hot Air Supply System
The hot air supply system consists of several components.
First is the supply fan, which supplies the air used in the drying chamber.
Next, are the air filters used to clean the waste in the air examples include coarse filters and air filters.
Also, there are air heaters that help to heat the air, either directly or indirectly.
Lastly, there is an Air disperser that aids in the mixing of the air and the droplets. There are two types of air disperses, those that produce straight flow and the ones that cause rotary airflow.
Feed Supply System
The feed supply system’s primary function is to transport the feedstock solution through an atomizing device to the spray dryer.
It acts as a channel between the spray dryer and the evaporator.
It consists of several structures that include; Filter, high-pressure pump, Feedline, Feed tank, Feed pump and Concentrate heater
The atomizing device is used to disintegrate the feed into fine droplets that are appropriately defined and uniform.
Notably, the atomizing device consists of the following types; Rotary atomize, Pressure nozzle atomizer, and Two-fluid nozzle atomizer.
Powder Recovery System
The powder recovery systems use the following structures; Cyclone, Wet scrubber, bag filter, and joining of the types listed.
Fines Return System
The collection and return of the powder from the powder recovery system is carried out by the fines return system
Powder After-treatment System
There are different types of powder after-treatment systems. They include; Pneumatic transport and cooling, Lecithin treatment System, Powder sieve, and Fluid bed after dryer/cooler.
How Does The Vertical Drying Chamber And Horizontal Drying Design Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine Compare?
Vertical Drying Chamber
The vertical drying chamber is created by a cylinder that is verticle in shape.
The verticle cylinder generally has abroad body or high form. The cylindrical tower usually has a flat top.
However, using a conical (convex or concave) shaped top is increasingly gaining popularity. This helps the vertical drying chambers conform to the recently established safety requirements.
The new requirements are based on physical strength in relation to resistance to pressure shock.
A cone section is located below the cylindrical section. The cone has a forty to sixty degrees angle. These angles allow the powder to float down using gravity.
The bottom section is flat. It may sometimes require the aid of a mechanical to guide the powder to the center where the discharge opening is based.
Horizontal Drying Chamber
The horizontal drying chambers are commonly known as box dryers. Just as the name suggests, the horizontal drying chambers are shaped like a box.
The bottom of the horizontal drying chamber is flat. The box dyers require the aid of a mechanical device, a screw conveyor, or a scraper to remove the powder.
What Is The Principle Of Operation Of Milk Spray Dryer Operate?
The main principle employed when producing milk powder with a spray dryer is the atomization of concentrated milk.
The concentrated milk is disintegrated in an extensive chamber.
The milk concentrate is passed through heated air. During this process, the evaporator cools down the thin milk droplets.
The cooled droplets temperature is never similar temperature of the air.
Later, the water left in the drying chamber evaporates, leaving behind fine milk powder.
The powder produced contains five to six percent of moisture.
Finally, the powder is further dried to achieve a final product that contains powder with a reduced moisture content of about two to four percent with moisture
What Are The Powder-After Treatment Methods Employed In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
The powder-after treatment coupled with the drying conditions plays a significant role in determining the overall structure and quality of the produced milk powder.
Pneumatic Conveying System
The pneumatic conveying system has two points for powder discharge.
Normally, the discharge points are located at the bottom of the drying chamber and from the bags or cyclones.
Besides, the pneumatic conveying system is the most economically efficient means of collecting powder.
Also, the powder is collected from the two points and is cooled, and transported to the bagging point.
The pneumatic conveying uses an air velocity of twenty meters per second. The powder is separated from the air in a bagging-off cyclone.
Fluid Bed System
The Fluid bed powder after-treatment has multiple functions.
It can carry out the cooling process. It can also be used for after-drying followed by cooling.
Several types of fluid beds can either be stationary or vibrating. The vibrating fluid bed is integrated at the bottom. It is common for modern equipment to use both methods.
Which Are The Key Characteristics Of Drying Air Used In Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Benchtop spray dryer
Dry Bulb Temperature
It is expressed as (td). This is the temperature of the air, not soaked with water vapour.
It is measured using an ordinary thermometer. It is mainly known as air temperature and expressed as the absolute temperature in °K (T) or as °C (t).
It is expressed as (twb). This is an attribute of the moist air of a particular dry bulb temperature.
It shows the saturation temperature of the same air with a similar enthalpy. It is calculated by the evaporation of 0°C water under isothermic conditions.
Dew Point Temperature
It is expressed as (tdp). It is the temperature that foster condensation of vapour that will commence. It is achieved by cooling the air at constant absolute humidity.
Air Absolute Humidity
It is expressed as (y).
This is the ratio of the quantity of water vapour expressed as (mv) to the quantity of dry air expressed as (ma).
Air Relative Humidity
It is expressed as (Φ or %RH). This is the ratio of restricted water vapour pressure expressed as (pv) to the water vapour pressure at the point of saturation, expressed as(ps) under a similar temperature.
The saturation point is the minimum air temperature below which condensation will occur. air rate
Heat Capacity Of The Air
Heat capacity of air is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a substance that weighs one kilogram by one degrees celsius.
What Is The Typical Droplet Sizes Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine Products?
A typical droplet size ranges from twenty to one hundred and eighty micrometres. The size depends on the type of nozzle used.
Which Are The Acceptable Powder Recovery Systems For Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Some of the most common options are:
The cyclone separator, if constructed properly, is easy to maintain since it has no moving parts. It is also easy to clean.
The Bag filters have multiple filters laid out in a filter house so that there is equal distribution of air in all the bags.
The air that contains dust should get in the filter house separately to reduce the damage to the bags.
In the wet scrubber, the powder particles are gathered employing washing liquid released into the air containing the powder.
Combinations Of The Above.
In most cases, a combination of the methods listed above is used. This is done to ensure that there is minimal loss.
Can I Use Your Milk Spray Dryer Machine For Spray Drying Pharmaceutical Products?
Yes, our milk spray dryer machine is multi-purpose to some extent. Consequently, you can also use it to spray dry pharmaceutical products.
Pilot scale spray dryer
What Is The Outlet Air Temperature And Inlet Air Temperature Of Your Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
The inlet air temperature of your milk spray should range from130°C to 200°C. On the other hand, the outlet air temperature of your milk spray dryer machine should vary from 38°C to 65°C.
Why Should You Control The Outlet Temperature Of Milk Spray Dryer?
Mainly, you should control the outlet temperature to ensure that the powder produced has a uniform moisture content.
What Is The Reason For The Introduction Of Fluid Bed Into Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
The Fluid bed powder after-treatment, unlike other powder-after treatment equipment, has multiple functions.
First, it can carry out the cooling process. Also, it can be used in the after-drying followed by cooling.
Why Is Vibrating Fluid Bed The Best For Milk Fluidized Spray Dryer?
A vibrating fluid bed has several advantages. The main one being; in the case of fluidizing high powder layers under increased fluidizing momentum, the powders act as liquids.
These conditions are difficult to get with dry milk powder. It is not simple to fluidize these dead powders. They have a tendency to form channelling effects.
The unit is therefore shaken to overcome this hurdle. As such, the vibration enables good fluidization.
How Do You Troubleshoot Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Before even looking to solve the problems with your spray dryer, you have to catch them first. Below are the key ways to discover whether your spray dryer machine has any problems.
- Look at the log sheets to discover any variations from the normal operating conditions.
You should go over the maintenance log-books to investigate the exact changes or routine maintenance that was carried out on the dryer or its parts.
- Also, you should go over the laboratory analysis records. This is conducted to investigate if there have been any changes detected in the quality of the product.
- Inspecting the calibration of the control devices is also important.
- Additionally, carry out laboratory analysis of the properties.
- Lastly, you should also conduct an interview and question the staff individually. The staff’s observations and opinions could hold the answer to the cause of the problem.
Now that you know how to catch the problem, below are some common problems and their redress;
- Low-quality product – Reexamine the machine’s calibration. Also, ensure that you are using the right raw material depending on the machine type. Also, ensure the nozzles are not blocked.
- Decreased production – You could service or carry out maintenance on the machine for it to efficiently function. This will include unblocking the nozzles.
- Breakdown – Your machine not powering up, doesn’t mean it has broken down. It may be a problem with the power supply. If you ascertain that the power supply is not an issue, you can call experts to guide you.
Importantly, carrying regular maintenance and correctly using the milk spray dryer machine will prevent most problems.
Which Are The Properties To Regulate During Process Quality Control Of Milk Spray Dryer Machine?
Controlling the chosen quality properties of both transitional and complete products during production helps issue essential information to the operational staff concerning possible variation from the norm.
With this information in mind, the operator should analyze and evaluate the enormity of the potential variation from the standard.
If there are deviations, adjustments should be made accordingly.
However, if the variation is non-existent or dismissable, the operation can proceed without interruption or changes to the system.
The following properties should be regulated during process quality control to prevent the downgrading of the product:
- The acidity of the milk both at the start and end of every tank batch.
- Milk concentration from the evaporator.
- To prevent a fire hazard, scorched particles of the powder emanating from the spray dryer should be controlled.
- The final powder’s moisture content should be controlled.
- Regulation of the solubility index.
- The bulk density of the product should also be regulated.
How Do You Specify Milk Spray Dryer To A Supplier?
There are three specifications in terms of capacity.
These specifications include; Benchtop milk spray dryer, pilot-scale milk spray dryer, and industrial milk sprayer.
These three categories have increasing capacities, with Benchtop being the smallest and the largest industrial milk spray dryer.
Depending on your production needs, Pilotech designs and manufacturers a range of spray drying machines such as small spray dryer, organic solvent spray dryer, nano spray dryer, vacuum spray dryer, pilot scale spray dryer, bench top spray dryer, and low temperature spray dryers, amongst others.
Contact us now for all your milk spray dryer needs.