Pilotech Extraction Tank Leading Manufacturer in China
- We have been focused on the research, development and production of extraction tank used in the laboratory since 2005.
- The extraction tank low noise and little impact on the environment, are suitable for laboratory.
- In China, the extraction tank is quite popular among pharmaceutical companies, the universities related to the medicine, food science and engineering.
- Exported to 50 countries, 2000+ users around the world.
Pilotech Lab & Pilot Scale Extraction Tank
The YC-010 extraction equipment is made of SUS304 stainless steel, or you can also select the equipment made of SUS316L stainless steel. The system adopts the design that the tank serves as both the extraction tank and the concentration tank. This design occupies a smaller area, and both the extraction and concentration will be performed at low temperature and reduced pressure. This will minimize the effects of high temperature on the active ingredients of the material. The equipment features stable temperature control and high extraction efficiency.
YC-020 Solvent Extraction Equipment，the effective volume of the extraction tank and the concentration tank is both 20L; raw material feed is 0.3-5KG/batch. The tank is made of SUS304 stainless steel, with built-in low-noise vacuum pump also of SUS304 material. Its temperature accuracy reaches ±2°C. The equipment only takes up 1.5m2. Residues are lifted in the basket and discharged. We also support customization of 5L, 10L, 30L, 50L, 100L, 150L, 200L, 300L, 500L, 1000L and other sizes.
The YC-030 concentration Machine is a vacuum concentration tank of high-efficiency. It is suitable for the low-temperature concentration of the extracting solution of Chinese medicine, fruits and tea. It is equipped with the vacuum device. It performs the concentration at a low temperature. The material in contact with the extracting solution is SUS304 stainless steel, which is in line with the requirements of the food and pharmaceutical industry.
YC-050 coffee extraction machine: the effective volume of the extraction tank is 50L and the concentration tank 30L (customizable); raw material feed is 2-10KG/batch; extraction and concentration temperature to be set in advance to meet low-temperature vacuum extraction and concentration requires, high-temperature extraction, percolation extraction, volatile aromatic oil collection, etc.
The YC-080 Herb Extraction Machine is a pilot multifunctional extraction equipment. It is suitable for the extraction and low-temperature concentration of natural products and Chinese medicines, as well as the recovery of volatile aromatic oils. It is equipped with the SUS304 stainless steel vacuum pump and adopts the unique noise reduction design.
YC-100 tea extraction machine: used for efficient tea juice extraction and concentration in the lab or pilot workshop, also applicable to extraction of traditional Chinese medicine or other natural products. The effective volume of the extraction tank is 100L. The equipment is integrated on the bracket, wheeled and movable, with SUS304 stainless steel tank and vacuum pump. We also support customization of 5L, 10L, 20L,30L, 50L, 150L, 200L, 300L, 500L, 1000L and other sizes.
YC-120 Cannabis Oil Extraction Machine: suitable for vacuum extraction, percolation extraction, dynamic extraction, low-temperature vacuum concentration of herbal medicine, natural products, healthcare products, cosmetics and food and volatile aromatic oil collection. It provides 5L, 10L, 20L, 30L, 50L, 100L, 150L, 200L, 300L, 500L, 1000L and other sizes.
YC-150 perfume extraction equipment: applicable to efficient extraction of both perfume ingredients in the cosmetics industry and natural products in TCM and food industries. Equipment Components: extraction tank, concentration tank (optional), condenser, oil-water separator, defrother, etc. Equipment size is customizable from lab size to pilot production size as needed.
YC-200 plant extraction machine: varied sizes from lab to pilot production, down to 5L and up to 1000L. It has been widely used in food, pharmacy, biology and cosmetics industries. The equipment is made of SUS304 stainless steel in accordance with GMP specifications, highly integrated, easy to install and operate.
Why Pilotech Extraction tank
- Pilotech have been over 20 years for manufacturing extracting tank.
- All extracting tanks we manufactured are easy to install and operate.
- From lab scale extracting tank to pilot scale extracting tank, complete specifications.
- Our extracting tank have many functions: vacuum extraction, percolation extraction, dynamic extraction, low-temperature vacuum concentration
Extraction Tank: The Complete Buying Guide
There are many kinds of extraction equipment, yet we provide you with multi-functional extraction equipment which combines extraction, low-temperature vacuum, concentration, recycling of non-volatile aromatic oil and other functions.
Pilotech Extraction Equipment includes hot reflux extraction, percolation extraction, low-temperature vacuum extraction, and low-temperature vacuum concentration.
Our extraction tanks consist of extraction tank, concentration tank, condenser, oil water separator and filter. The parts in contact with the material are made of SUS304 stainless steel. If necessary, you can also choose SUS316 stainless steel.
We have built-in electric heaters in the extraction tank. You don’t need to prepare the boiler for heating. The heating method is jacket heating. It can be heated with jacket water or jacketed with heat transfer oil. We use Omron temperature controller to ensure an accurate temperature control.
Pilotech Extraction Equipment uses our own water ring vacuum pump with very low noise. In general, people using laboratory vacuum pumps are worried about their loud noises. Our patented technology overcomes this problem. Moreover, our vacuum pumps work for a very short time and do not adversely affect the environment in the laboratory.
Our extraction equipment has specifications of 5L, 10L, 20L, 50L, 100L and 200L. The standard equipment of 10L has one tank integrating the extraction tank and the concentration. For machines with other specifications, the extraction tank and the concentration tank are separate, but it can also be set according to your needs. Every machine can be made to share one tank or two tanks.
The time for extraction in this machine is very short. Different materials may take different times, ranging from 30min to 1 hour. And thermal efficiency is very high.
For your convenience, we have made a video for you to learn every step. So don’t worry about learning to use our extraction equipment.
Please be free to ask for a fast quote from us!
Extraction Tank: The Ultimate FAQs Guide
Choosing the best extraction tank can be an overwhelming task.
That’s why this guide will make the entire process and straightforward for you.
It will answer all questions you have about the extraction tank.
- What is an Extraction Tank?
- Which are the Features and Specifications of Extraction Tank?
- How many Types of Extraction Equipment are there?
- What are the Applications of Extraction Tank?
- Are there Multifunctional Extraction Tanks?
- Which Industries can Use Extraction Vessels?
- What is the Difference Between Liquid-Liquid Extraction and Solid-Liquid Extraction?
- Which are the Different Types of Liquid-Liquid Extraction Equipment?
- In which Situations is it Advantageous to Use Extraction Equipment?
- Which are the Different Extraction Methods Applied in Extraction Tank?
- What are the Main Parts of Extraction Tank?
- What Material Is Used to Make the Contact Parts of Extraction Equipment?
- How does an Extraction Tank Work?
- What are the Factors to Consider During Operation of Extraction Tank?
- What is the Heating Mechanism of Extraction Vessels?
- Can you Process Heat-Sensitive Materials in Extraction Tank?
- Which are the Crucial Consideration during Selection of Solvent for Extraction Tank?
- What is the Tank Size of Extraction Equipment?
- How Long is the Time of Extraction in Extraction Machine?
- What is the Function of Concentration Tank in Extraction Equipment?
- Which are the Key Parameters to Control when Operating an Extraction Tank?
- How Does Temperature Affect the Efficiency of Extraction Tank?
- What are the Factors to Consider when Selecting an Extraction Equipment?
- Does Increasing Extraction Time Increase the Efficiency of Extraction Tank?
- Are there Customizable Pilot Scale Extraction Tanks?
- Which are the GMP Specifications for Extraction Tanks?
- Can you Integrate CIP System in Extraction Tank?
- Which are the Pressure Vessel Standards that Extraction Tanks should Comply with?
- Which are the Modern Extraction Methods Applied in Solvent Extraction Tanks?
- Do you Supply Lab Scale Extraction Tanks for Research and Development?
- What is the Price of Extraction Tanks?
What is an Extraction Tank?
This is a machine that you can use in the extraction of active components out from solids, semi-solids, or liquids by using liquid solvents.
One can use this tank in almost every area of the chemical and pharmaceutical process.
Which are the Features and Specifications of Extraction Tank?
Since there are several types of extraction tanks, this means they do come with varying features and specifications.
Here are some features you will find:
- The parts that are in contact with materials come with SUS304 stainless steel body construction.
- There is an option of using SUS316 stainless steel.
- Others have built-in electric heaters meaning there is no need for boilers to assist in the heating process.
- The machine will produce low noise levels thus keeping noise pollution to a minimum.
- It has high thermal efficiency with accurate temperature controls and faster heating speeds.
- The machine conforms to Good Manufacturing Practice [GMP] regulations.
- It is also multifunctional with low-temperature vacuum extraction and concentration, seepage extraction, and heat reflux extraction.
- The machine will come in different capacities ranging from 5 liters to 200 liters.
- Also, the evaporation capacity ranges from 12 kg/hr to 45 kg/hr.
- A high-temperature accuracy allowing for a deviation of only ±2 °C.
- The degree of the evaporation chamber is averagely 0~-0.08MPa.
- A voltage of 380 V and power of between 4500W to 48000W.
- The pressure of the cooling water is ＜3pa.
- An optional touch screen at the control panel for ease of operation.
- The capacity of the cooling water is 3t/hr.
- Also, the area of the coiled tube condenser ranges between 0.6m3 to 1.3m
How many Types of Extraction Equipment are there?
These are one of the oldest extraction equipment types. They also come in varying shapes and sizes but all come in a combination of mixers and settlers.
Here are the sections one can find in a mixer-settler:
In this part, one will find at least two pipes that serve as the inlet valves. One pipe will input the feed into the machine while the other inputs the solvent.
In the mixing chamber, a mechanical agitator will mix the feed solution and solvents thoroughly. This mechanical agitator has motors that move the mixing and the pumping systems.
Also, one can find baffles inside the system which makes the mixing go on efficiently while eliminating the vortex.
In this section, the mixture will undergo settling with the assistance of gravitational force. The liquids in the mixture will undergo separation based on the difference in their densities.
Also, some weirs assist in the separation of these phases. It is possible to adjust the height of the weirs depending on the level of the phases.
There are some portions of the separated phases which you can take back to the mixing section. This is to maintain the ratio of both the solvent and the feed.
Some advantages of mixer settlers are:
- It needs less headroom.
- One can achieve high flow rates during the operation.
- It also has the capability of offering long residence time.
- Besides, it needs a small number of stages.
Some disadvantages of mixer settlers are:
- It requires more floor space.
- Besides, it is also a labor-intensive machine.
- Also, if the density difference of liquids is high, it will need a long settling time.
These systems are for liquid-liquid extraction which happens to be a vital separation method in pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
They have internal parts that rotate and one can divide them into mixing and separation sections.
Stirrers are on vertical shafts within the mixing chamber providing intensive contact of the flowing phases that are counter current.
The vibration will cause the moving phases to distribute finely on sieve trays or packing.
Pulsation will have a higher separation effect than those without pulsation. These systems deliver a high capacity of extractants and separation.
Centrifugal Extraction Equipment
This system uses the rotational force of rotors in the centrifuge to mix two immiscible liquids. The centrifugal extractor will produce continuous extraction from a single liquid phase to another liquid phase.
It usually operates in countercurrent mode. They are suitable to handle solvent and raffinate phases with minute density differences.
There are two main types of centrifugal extraction equipment namely:
Monostage Centrifugal Extractor
Here, one feeds two immiscible liquids at the inlets at mixing happens rapidly in the annular space. This occurs between the spinning rotors and the stationary housing.
Mixed phases move to the center via radial vanes then towards the wall as it enters the central opening.
Separation begins as it rotates at high speeds and the liquid is displaced upwards. The weirs at the top will allow phases to exit rotors and into the collection ring then it exits the stage.
Multistage Centrifugal Extractor
Here, the feed solution flows counter-currently via the rotor of the extractor. It also has mechanical sub-assemblies that represent the set number of separation stages.
Successive mixing and separation allow mass transfer of solutes to the solvent from the feed solution. Each stage has a mixing chamber and a decantation chamber.
In the mixing stage, the two phases mix while separation by centrifugal force happens in the decantation chamber.
What are the Applications of Extraction Tank?
One can use them in:
- Extraction of Chinese herbal medicine
- Cosmetic extraction
- Dynamic extraction
- Recovery of volatile aromatic oil
- Natural product extraction
- Foodstuff ultrasonic extraction
Are there Multifunctional Extraction Tanks?
Yes, the market has multifunctional extraction tanks. These tanks will combine the following within the same system:
- Low-temperature vacuum extraction
- Vacuum low-temperature concentration
- The recycling of the non-volatile substances
- Hot reflux extraction
Which Industries can Use Extraction Vessels?
Several industries will use this tank and they include:
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Chemical Industries
- Biological Industries
- Petrochemical Industries
- Food Industries
- Agricultural Industries
- Mining Industry
- Beverage Industries
What is the Difference Between Liquid-Liquid Extraction and Solid-Liquid Extraction?
Here is how these two compare:
This is the process of separating a soluble constituent of solid substances by using a suitable solvent.
For instance, one can extract oils from oil seeds making the oil the product, and the byproduct is the solid residue. This process is common in food industries.
The steps of solid-liquid extraction are:
- Mixing of the solid feed and the solvent
- Separating the solution or extract from the solid
- Separating the solvent then purifying the product
- Recovering the solvent from moist solid through squeezing or pressing and drying.
Some factors that will affect the extraction rate of solid-liquid extraction are:
- Physical properties of the solid
- The solvent
It is also known as solvent extraction or partitioning. The method entails separating compounds based on their solubility in two immiscible liquids, which are These liquids are usually polar i.e. water, and non-polar i.e. organic solvent.
The techniques one can use in this process are:
- Batchwise single-stage
- Multistage countercurrent continuous technique
- Extraction with no chemical change
- Solvation mechanism
- Ion exchange mechanism
- Temperature swing solvent extraction
Which are the Different Types of Liquid-Liquid Extraction Equipment?
It has a small mixing chamber then a large gravity settling chamber. They only have a single extraction stage and two phases enter the mixer and the impeller assists in mixing them.
They later flow in the settling chamber and they separate by use of gravity due to the difference in density.
The two basic types are the pulse columns and the packed columns.
Packed columns contain a packing material that creates torturous paths when the solutions flow through them. This makes the two phases always have contact.
Besides, the packed columns contain no moving parts thus simple to operate but are not very efficient.
In pulse columns, the liquids are continuously fed in the column and they flow counter-currently. Also, it applies mechanical energy to pulse the liquids in an up and down motion in the column.
This happens by injecting pressurized air that will push the liquid. Columns have perforated plates that enhance the formation of droplets.
Besides, pulsing will lower droplet size and improves the mass transfer.
Liquid-Liquid Extraction Column
Centrifugal contactors offer one stage of extraction for every unit. Also, they have links as every rotor will pump separated fluids to the next chamber inlet in every direction.
This system has a two-phase mixture which is not available on the mixer-setter. It also has spinning rotors that will intensely mix the two phases and separate them within the rotor.
The separation happens due to the high centrifugal forces which result in fast and efficient phase separation. Just like the mixer-settler, the separated phases will exit through underflow and overflow weirs.
In which Situations is it Advantageous to Use Extraction Equipment?
These situations are:
- When one or several substances within the mixture do not have thermal stability.
- Also, when the components within the mixture have very low or high boiling points as vacuum distillation is energy-intensive.
- When the boiling point of these components is too close or they lead to the formation of azeotropes.
- In scenarios where the two components need separation at the same time yet, they have varying boiling points.
- When the components you need to separate occupy a small percentage of the mixture.
Which are the Different Extraction Methods Applied in Extraction Tank?
Hot Reflux Extraction
This is an efficient extraction process as it needs less time and solvent. Besides, one cannot use it for the extraction of thermolabile natural substances.
The process involves waiting for the evaporated liquid to condense into the mixture then repeating the reaction under heat. This happens over an extended period.
Vapor will undergo a continuous cycle and return to ensure the temperature of the reactions remain stable.
This is a method that occurs at room temperature and involves passing the liquid through solid substances. One passes the solvent through the plant making it load with active ingredients. Another pure and fresh solvent from the top will slowly push the mixture downwards.
Low-Temperature Vacuum Extraction
This system will extract heat-sensitive substances without losing the solvent which may make the extract have impurities.
Low-Temperature Vacuum Concentration
This system will concentrate the extract after the extraction process of heat-sensitive substances. It operates under negative vacuum pressure and low evaporation temperature.
What are the Main Parts of Extraction Tank?
This is the part in which the operator will input the extraction parameters. Some systems have a touch screen which allows for ease of operation.
Coiled Tube Condenser
This is a system that will assist in cooling vapors from products. It contains several tubes in which vapor will pass through and cool them with the assistance of water over the tubes.
Oil Water Separator
This part will assist in the separation of water and oil mixture into separate components.
Pipeline Sight Glass
This is a piping system that one will use to observe the flow of products within the system. The operator can observe the flow direction, state of the process fluids, or the approximate flow rate.
They offer a clear, unobstructed view of the process in the pipeline.
Water Ring Pump
It will assist in the pumping of dry gas, saturated vapor, or liquids. Also, it produces low noise levels thus environmentally friendly.
It has the main function of controlling the temperature to ensure accuracy during the entire process.
These parts will provide heat during the processing of the extract.
Sanitary Safety Valve
This valve will automatically release the substance from the boiler, pressure vessel, or any other system. It does this to release the temperature or pressure when it goes above the preset parameters.
What Material Is Used to Make the Contact Parts of Extraction Equipment?
It is usually SUS304 stainless steel with the option of selecting SUS316 stainless steel. SU304 is affordable than SU316 and also offers good formability.
Some other benefits include:
- They offer great strength and can withstand both low and high temperature and pressure levels.
- It is easy to clean as they do not encourage the growth of bacteria or other pathogens.
- The material is resistant to corrosion and is durable.
- Besides, it is recyclable thus easy to repurpose, and is environmentally friendly.
How does an Extraction Tank Work?
The tank works by separating one product from another. This happens by the application of force since the process happens in two separate immiscible phases.
The reason for using immiscible liquids is that they will not dissolve but rather form layers when put together. This is because the liquids have different polarities or orientations.
Density will determine which liquid will be on top of the other. Besides, there are different extraction methods as this will depend on the equipment you are using.
In the simplest form, extraction tanks do have some sort of funnel.
The extraction process begins by adding the liquid mixture that you would want to separate into the funnel. Once there, the extraction tank will separate them into two phases.
After the extraction tank shakes and stirs the mixture in the funnel, it allows the mixture to stand for some minutes.
This calm period allows the two layers to separate and one can easily collect the different liquids. The target extract is usually one of the solvents.
Extraction Tank Machine
What are the Factors to Consider During Operation of Extraction Tank?
Size of the Droplets
The size will usually range in the mm space. Big droplets will not offer a sufficient surface that is size specific.
Besides, smaller droplets will require a lot of energy to go through the dispersion process. Also, when the size of the droplets is decreasing, the velocity will decrease.
When the droplets become too small to move about reaches when you reach the operating limits of the extraction column. This is known as the flooding point.
Distribution of Droplet Size
For one to increase the efficiency, it is suitable to have a uniform distribution of the droplet size. Also, most calculations happen with the use of mean droplet diameter meaning the results are ever accurate.
Besides, within the length of the column, the size of the droplets may change.
One can calculate this by dividing the total volume of the entire droplets by the overall total volume of the column. The holdup may increase and one cannot stabilize it anymore when the operational parameters are set near the flooding point.
This will also follow from different parameters and can result in a lower column efficiency. This could be due to a difference in the size of the droplets or turbulence. For instance, a difference in the size of droplets
What is the Heating Mechanism of Extraction Vessels?
The system uses electric heaters that are built-in and makes use of a jacketed heating method.
Can you Process Heat-Sensitive Materials in Extraction Tank?
Yes, this is possible because there are different extraction techniques one can apply.
Which are the Crucial Consideration during Selection of Solvent for Extraction Tank?
Extracting solvents should be immiscible with the substance you are extracting. A water-based solution or water is one of the solvents and the other is an organic solvent. The more polar an organic solvent is, the more soluble it is with water.
The major impurities should not be soluble with the solvent. However, the extract should be soluble in the extraction solvent.
Since they come at different prices, one should opt for one that is affordable yet effective for extraction.
It should offer sufficient volatility for ease of removal from the extract.
Safety and Toxicity
It is better to select solvents that are non-toxic and non-flammable. However, only a few can meet both of these requirements, for instance, benzene.
What is the Tank Size of Extraction Equipment?
The sizes usually differ from one piece of equipment to another as some are small while others are large. Also, the size one selects depends on the application.
Small industries go for smaller extraction equipment while large-scale industries will select the largest equipment.
How Long is the Time of Extraction in Extraction Machine?
Different materials will require different extraction times and this may range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
What is the Function of Concentration Tank in Extraction Equipment?
It functions by evaporating water out of the liquid extract so that it forms a concentrate. This happens with the assistance of a heat exchanger.
Which are the Key Parameters to Control when Operating an Extraction Tank?
- Extraction time
- Pressure in the extractor
- Compressed air pressure
- Mixer speed and power
How Does Temperature Affect the Efficiency of Extraction Tank?
High temperatures will increase the solubility of the substances. However, when it is too high, it may cause the loss of solvents.
Also, it will lead to the formation of undesirable impurities in the extract. It also may lead to the decomposition of thermolabile components.
What are the Factors to Consider when Selecting an Extraction Equipment?
Type of Material you are Processing
Different materials will require different extraction equipment.
Heat Sensitivity of Extracts
Since there are both volatile and non-volatile extracts, one should select a piece of equipment that will handle this issue.
Scale of Production
For small-scale industries, it is suitable to purchase small extraction tanks that have small capacities.
However, for large industries, to meet production needs, they should purchase large extraction tanks that handle large capacities.
The work area that you will install the extraction tank will influence the size of the equipment you will select. Ensure you have enough space above and around the machine for ease of operation and maintenance.
State of the Equipment
There is second-hand equipment that you can purchase at a bargain. Always test these machines to ensure they are in good working conditions.
Material of Choice
Stainless steel proves to be the best material for the construction of extraction tanks.
Cost of the Equipment
The amount you have will influence the type of extraction tank you can afford. Besides, one should buy the one that will meet their production needs.
Does Increasing Extraction Time Increase the Efficiency of Extraction Tank?
There is an increase in extraction efficiency with an increase in the extraction duration only in a specific range.
Also, once you attain the equilibrium of the solute, increasing the extraction time will not affect the extraction process.
Are there Customizable Pilot Scale Extraction Tanks?
Yes, it is possible to customize but this will cost you extra money.
Which are the GMP Specifications for Extraction Tanks?
- Clean and hygienic equipment to prevent cross-contamination.
- The manufacturing process should be clear and defined.
- Document to indicate proper testing and manufacturing of the equipment.
Can you Integrate CIP System in Extraction Tank?
Yes, one can integrate a Clean-in-place system to automatically clean the internal parts of the extraction tank.
Which are the Pressure Vessel Standards that Extraction Tanks should Comply with?
The standards are:
- NB/T 47003.1-2009
- ASME Section VIII
Which are the Modern Extraction Methods Applied in Solvent Extraction Tanks?
- Super Critical Fluid Extraction (SFC)
- Pressurized Liquid Extraction (PLE)
- Microwave Assisted Extraction (MAE)
Do you Supply Lab Scale Extraction Tanks for Research and Development?
Yes, we do and over 1500 research institutes, laboratories, and universities use lab scale extraction tanks.
What is the Price of Extraction Tanks?
Multifunctional Extraction Tank
The price will vary from one machine to another depending on various factors such as:
- Size of the equipment
- Country of origin
- The capacity of the equipment
- Supply and demand
- State of the equipment
- Political factors
Taking all these into account, the price may range anywhere from 1000 US Dollars to 360000 US Dollars.
At Pilotech, we have a range of extraction equipment depending on your unique applications and requirements.
Contact us today for all your extraction tank machine needs.