YC-050 Coffee Extraction Machine
- Suitable for extracting flavor substances such as caffeine in coffee, and other compounds
- The part in contact with the material is made of SUS304 stainless steel and conforms to GMP regulations.
- It can be extracted under normal pressure or reduced pressure, and the extract can be concentrated under reduced pressure and low temperature.
- Used by more than 1,500 university & research institutes and enterprise laboratories all around the world.
Pilotech Coffee Extraction Machine
Pilotech YC-050 coffee extraction machine is used for efficient extraction of materials such as coffee in laboratory or pilot plant, which has high extraction efficiency and can effectively retain the active ingredients and flavor substances in coffee and other materials. It can also be used for the extraction and concentration of traditional Chinese medicine, natural products, and other materials.
|Sr.no||Parameter||YC-050 Coffee Extraction Machine|
|3||Extraction tank capacity||0.05m³|
|4||Material||SUS 304 Stainless Steel|
|5||Evaporation chamber vacuum degree||0~-0.08MPa|
|6||Precision of temperature||±2℃|
|8||Cooling water pressure||＜0.3pa|
|10||Stainless steel||three-decker/outer insulation/intermediate heating|
|Stainless steel extractor（10L)|
Tube array condensator
coiled tube condenser
pipeline sight glass
Stainless steel water ring pump
Omron temperature controller
Stainless steel extract blue
Sanitary safety valve
connection with pipe Tube Fitting Valve
|12||Tube array condensator area||1㎡|
|13||Coiled tube condenser area||0.6㎡|
|range of application|
|Chinese herbal medicine/natural product/ cosmetics/foodstuff|
Ultrasonic extraction/Dynamic extraction/Volatile aromatic oil recovery….
Coffee Extraction Machine: The Complete Buying Guide
Pilotech YC-050 coffee extraction machine is a multi-functional extraction machine for simple and convenient extraction of active components in coffee, integrating extraction, concentration, and recovery of volatile perfume oil.
Pilotech coffee extraction machine, laboratory bench and pilot scale equipment, have many specifications, such as 10L, 20L, 30L, 50L, 100L, 200L, etc. Both the extraction tank and the concentration tank can be used for vacuum low-temperature operation, retaining active components and coffee aroma.
Because many laboratories don’t have steam conditions, Pilotech coffee extraction machine uses electric heating with jacket, which is convenient to use, uniform in heating, safe and reliable.
Structure of Pilotech coffee extraction machine:
1) Extraction tank: The extraction tank is divided into three layers: Inner tank for throwing coffee, other medicinal materials, water, etc. The interlayer for heating and the outer tank for preserving heat;
2) Foam breaker: The foam breaker is connected to the extraction tank, and mainly used for eliminating the foam produced in the extraction of coffee or other traditional Chinese medicines and preventing the foam from bringing decoction dregs in the steam into the condenser.
3) Condenser: The condenser is mainly used for condensing extract vapors for secondary back-flow to the main tank as solvent.
4) Oil-water separator: The oil water separator is mainly used for conducting oil-water separation on the cooled recovery solution when extracting, in order to obtain the required volatile perfume oil.
5) Concentration tank: The concentration tank is mainly used for conducting rapid concentration on the extract at room temperature or vacuum low temperature.
For food safety, the contact part of the Pilotech YC-050 coffee extraction machine with the materials is made of SUS304 stainless steel, which conforms to GMP specifications.
Temperature control is very important for coffee extraction equipment. We use Omron temperature controller to precisely control temperature, ensuring the preservation of coffee flavor.
We also apply the latest patented water-ring vacuum pump to Pilotech YC-050 coffee extraction machine, and the vacuum pump produces low noise.
If you want to get more information about YC-050 coffee extraction machine, contact us now.
Coffee Extraction Machine The Ultimate FAQ Guide
Let’s look at some of the vital aspects you should know about coffee extraction machine.
So, before investing in a new coffee extraction equipment, read this guide.
What Are The Uses Of Coffee Extraction Machine?
This machine is mainly used for the extraction of coffee.
It works by transferring the main compound of the coffee from the grounds into the hot water that is poured on the grounds.
The compounds transferred include; caffeine, melanoidins, lipids, carbohydrates, and acids.
It can also be used to extract compounds from plants whose active ingredients or flavor is required. Other uses include integration of extractions, the concentration of the compounds, and regaining of unstable perfume oil.
Coffee Extraction Machine
What Are The Features Of Rapid Coffee Extraction Machine?
There are several features of the Rapid Coffee Extraction Machine. They include;
- The Rapid Coffee Extractor’s working cycle is fully automated. It can also operate unsupervised, including overnight which saves on employing further resources as well as reduces cost.
- For the small-scale operations, there are mini designs of Rapid Coffe Extraction Machine. They can handle five, ten, twenty, thirty, and fifty-liter sizes.
- For the large-scale operations, there are maxi designs of Rapid Coffe Extraction Machine. They can handle one hundred or two hundred-liter sizes.
- The Rapid Coffee Extraction Machine has a visual display panel that shows all parameters and progression. It enables you to program time, the duration of the cycle, the pressure, the temperature controls, the alarms, the alerts, among others.
- The coffee Rapid Extractor is made of stainless steel making it suitable for a broad range of solvents. The solvents may include; olive oil, glycol, water, glycerin, and alcohol.
- The rapid coffee extraction machine is specifically designed to amp up the speed of extraction of coffee.
Why Is Stainless Steel The Best Material For The Contact Parts Of Coffee Extraction Machine?
Stainless steel has many features which make it the best material to use for the contact parts of coffee extraction. The features include;
- Stainless steel is very hygenic which prevents contamination of the coffee
- Stainless steel corrosion resistance is suitable since the coffee extraction process involves the use of water.
- Stainless steel can be recycled which makes it environmentally friendly.
- Its durability ensures that you get the most out of your investment because of its long lifespan.
What Is The Difference Between Coffee Extraction Machine And Espresso Machine?
There are several differences between a coffee extraction machine and an Espresso Machine. The difference include;
- The coffee extraction machine uses a coarser, thicker coffee ground whereas the Espresso coffee machine requires a finer coffee grind.
- The coffee extraction machine takes a long time to extract coffee because of the coarser coffee grind. For small-scale operations it could take up to ten minutes or more depending on the amount of coffee being extracted. The espresso machine takes a shorter time because of its fine coffee grounds.
- The coffee extraction machine relies on gravity to move the water and the coffee compounds. The espresso coffee machine uses increased pressure to push the water through coffee completing the process in a few seconds.
- The coffee espresso is mainly used in small-scale operations and is mainly available in mini configurations. The coffee extraction machines came in different sizes with varying capacities for both small and large scale.
How Many Types Of Coffee Extraction Machines Are Available?
There are several types of coffee extraction machines available. They include;
Mixer-Settler Coffee Extraction Machine
The mixer settlers coffee extraction is a type of extraction machine that employs a solvent in the extraction process. The machine like the name suggests has two main stages.
Also, the mixing stage is the first stage that takes place in the mixing chamber where the products are mixed.
The mixing chamber has a mechanical agitator which brings close contact of the product and the solvent in order to separate them.
Besides, the mixing stage is followed by the settling stage. This stage occurs in the settling section.
The liquids are separated by static decantation. The main force used in the settling chamber is the gravitational pull which pulls the heavier liquid down.
The coalescence plates assist in the separation process.
Coffee Extraction Columns
Extraction columns are mostly used for extraction that involves two liquids but they can also be used for solid-liquid extraction.
They are equipped with internal parts that rotate and are separated into two zones; the mixing zone and the separating zone.
In the mixing zones, there are stirrers on a vertical shaft.
The verticle shaft stirrers allow for thorough exposure of the countercurrent flowing phases. In the second zone, the separating zones.
The stages thicken before going into the following mixing zone.
Instant Coffee Extraction Column
Centrifugal Coffee Extraction Machine
A centrifugal extraction machine is a machine that is used to separate two liquids.
This process is also known as solvent extraction, which is hinged on the varied distribution of the components in the two liquids.
The Centrifugal coffee extractor has a motor that rotates the bowl with an increased speed.
The force generated by the fast rotating bowl causes the liquids that have different densities and are immiscible to separate.
What Are The Major Parts In The Structure Of Coffee Extraction Machine?
Although coffee extractions machines may differ in design, the below parts are common in all of them:
- Extraction Tank: The tank that is separated into three sections: the Interior tank which is used for throwing coffee, water, among others. The next interlayer is used for heating and the exterior tank for conserving heat;
- Foam breaker: This is linked to the extraction tank, and its main function is to remove the foam produced during the extraction of coffee.
It prevents the foam from leading the decoction dregs in the steam into the condenser.
- Condenser: this part is responsible for condensing the extract coffee vapors for secondary back-flow to the primary repository as a solvent.
- Oil-water separator: This part is primarily used for carrying out the separation of oil and water on the cooled recovery solution during extraction process. The main aim is to get the needed unstable perfume oil.
- Concentration Tank: this tank’s primary function is to conduct fast concentration on the coffee extract at room temperature.
Do You Require A Solvent In Coffee Extraction Machine?
During the extraction process, a solvent is required to complete the process. This helps dissolve the compounds that are being extracted from the coffee.
Water, the most common universal solvent, is primarily used in the coffee extraction machine.
Which Is The Best Extraction Techniques For Coffee Extractor Machine?
Extraction techniques do differ depending on the type of coffee extractor machines. The three main extraction techniques used are discussed below.
Extraction Of Coffee With Gravity
This extraction method relies on gravity. Gravitational pull is the primary force that pulls the water through the coffee grounds.
Examples include; pour-over, cold drip, automatic drippers, and coffee extraction machines.
Coffee Extraction By Immersion
Immersion coffee extractions machines do not use outside force to extract coffee. In some cases, stirring is required at the beginning of the process.
However, Brownian motion is the primary energy source applied to assist in extracting the coffee solutes.
The motion aids in the saturation and full immersion of the coffee grounds in the water
Extraction Using Filters
Here, gravity is the main energy source as heated water is allowed to drip on the coffee grounds in order to extract the coffee.
How Does Coffee Extraction Machine Work?
The Coffee Extraction Machine has an extraction tank that is separated into three sections:
The Interior tank which is used for throwing coffee and water and the next interlayer is used for heating.
The coffee extraction machine has electric heating with a jacket, which heats the water that is to be poured on the coffee grounds.
A water pump is responsible for introducing heated water to the coffee grounds and the exterior tank for conserving heat.
Extraction tank is linked with form breaker, and its main function is to remove the foam that is produced during extraction of coffee.
It prevents the foam from leading the decoction dregs in the steam into the condenser.
A Condenser is responsible for condensing the extract coffee vapors for secondary back-flow to the primary repository as a solvent.
The Oil-water separator separates the oil from water on the recovery solution that has cooled during the extraction process.
This is to get the needed unstable perfume oil.
The Concentration tank’s primary function is to conduct fast concentration on the coffee extract at room temperature.
A temperature controller is used to control the temperature in a precise way, this is to ensure that the coffee flavor is preserved.
Industrial Coffee Extraction Machine
What Factors Influence The Coffee Extract From Coffee Extraction Machine?
Several factors influence the overall quality of the coffee extract from the coffee extraction machine including:
Quality Of Coffee
Raw materials are one of the key parameters, it is also the most burdensome parameter to fully understand. This is because there are several variations even in plants of the same variety.
Quality of coffee can differ depending on climatic conditions, cultivation practices and geographical origin. This makes it difficult to be certain of the quality of the coffee beans.
Preparation Of Coffee
The coffee beans are obtained from the coffee fruit. They are then roasted, a process that helps in drawing the coffee’s aroma and flavor.
There are different types of roasts; light roasts, medium roasts, and dark roasts.
Size Of Coffee Grind
The coffee differs in grind size depending on what machine is being used to extract the coffee.
Origin Of Coffee
The geographical area where the coffee grew also affects the quality of the coffee.
Quality Of Water
Water with chemicals such as hypochlorite, chloramine, and chlorine can affect the quality of the coffee extract. The water used for the extraction process should be clean.
It should look and taste fresh to avoid any distinct flavors other than coffee.
Ratio Of Water To Coffee Being Dissolved
You should ensure that there is enough water for the coffee present. It is better to ascertain the amount of water required for the quantity of coffee you want to extract
The below factors are considered in the machine’s operation:
- The process involved in the coffee extraction. This includes heating, cooling, extraction among others.
- The temperature.
- The number of levels involved in the coffee extraction process.
- Extraction duration.
- The pressure required all through the extraction process.
Type Of Machine
Under machine type consider the following:
- The type of Coffee extraction machine.
- Types of processes carried out by the machine.
- The type of agitation.
- If the product is produced in batches or continuous.
- Size of each batch.
- The materials used in the production process.
Is Jacketing Of The Heating System Of Coffee Extraction Machine Important?
Jacketing the heating system of the coffee extraction machine is important as it assists in controlling the temperature during coffee extraction process.
It works by circulating heating or cooling fluid around the contents of the coffee extraction thereby either evenly cooling or heating its contents.
Does Coffee Extraction Machine Retain The Coffee Aroma And Active Components?
Coffee extraction machine works by transferring the main compound of coffee from grounds into the hot water that is poured on the grounds.
The compounds transferred include; caffeine, melanoidins, lipids, carbohydrates, and acids. It extracts both the active ingredient, the aroma, and the flavor.
Which Are The Main Procedures During The Operation Of The Coffee Extraction Machine?
Coffee extraction involves the extraction of the active ingredients, aroma, flavor, oil, and other compounds from the coffee. It involves several procedures before the extract is obtained. The procedures can be generalized into five steps;
- Maceration: in this contact stage, the process is conserved at room temperature.
- Decoction stage: in this contact stage, the process is conserved at the boiling point of the water.
- Digestion: in this contact stage, the process is conserved at a temperature in between room temperature and the boiling point of the water.
- Infusion: in this stage, the boiling solvent is poured over the solid, then left to cool for a set time.
- Percolation: in this stage, the water passes through the coffee ground.
Can You Use Coffee Extraction Machine For Extracting Active Compounds From Plant Materials Other Than Coffee Beans?
Yes, it is possible to extract the active compounds of other plant materials using a coffee extraction machine. The mechanisms of extraction of plant compounds are similar to those used in the extraction of coffee.
There could be different cycles or additional cycles in the extraction of other plant compounds. But, the main procedures in the extraction process can be carried out by the coffee extraction machine.
The difference in the extraction process is the solvent used. Water is not always used in the extraction of all plant materials.
The coffee machine is made of stainless steel which ensures it is safe from any sort of contamination.
The coffee extraction machine also allows for use of different solvents including alcohol and chemical-based solvents. This enables the extraction of other plant compounds.
Why Is Grinding Necessary When Using Coffee Extraction Machine?
To properly extract coffee, it is important to grind the coffee beans. On average around thirty percent of the entire coffee bean can dissolve in water.
Therefore, necessary to grind the coffee bean, to remove these flavor compounds and making them more accessible.
Grinding the coffee increases the surface area of the coffee exposing more of the coffee to be dissolved. This increases the rate of extraction.
The higher the rate extraction, the less contact period is required.
Proper coffee extraction is determined by the duration water is in contact with the coffee. This is in addition to the amount of coffee is actually in contact with the solvent.
The size of the ground coffee determines the duration and the total contact area.
What Are The Advantages Of Centrifugal Coffee Extraction Machine?
There are several advantages of the centrifugal coffee extraction machine including:
- The centrifugal coffee extraction has a simple and stable shape. It has a suspended top, has no bearing and there is a physical seal at the end of the equipment.
It also has no risk of leakage.
- Maintaining the centrifugal coffee extraction machine is easy which helps reduce the maintenance cost.
- It is durable and therefore has a long shelf life.
- Has a large capacity which increases its energy-saving capability.
- Resistant to corrosion. It is made with materials that are resistant to acids for example a perfluoro polymer material.
- Has a superior mixing and separation effect. Several hybrid components could be selected for the quality separation effect. it fitting for a system that can be emulsified easily.
- Centrifugal coffee-making machine’s heavy phase weir is easy to change; changing the liquid system is an easy procedure.
- Has a low liquid residual. This is mainly because the machine has with small liquid volume.
- Highly automated. It is capable of running most of the systems on its own.
It also has an interface that allows you to set the parameters.
Why Is It Important To Maintain Anaerobic Conditions In The Extraction Tank Of Coffee Extraction Machine?
Maintaining the anaerobic conditions in the extraction tank helps prevent oxidation and degradation of the coffee.
What Is The Ideal Application Of Mini Coffee Extraction Machine?
The Mini coffee extraction machine is best suited for operations that are small-scale. They can be found and is available in several sizes ranging from five to thirty liters.
Small scale operations include cafes, restaurants, or in your household.
What Are The Coffee Extraction Machine Requirements To Meet GMP Regulations And Guideline?
The GMP regulations and guidelines that pertain to the coffee extraction machine are centered around the equipment’s design and construction. The major considerations are discussed below:
- The surface material of components that touch any food material should not react with the food being processed or even absorb the product.
- The machine should not have valves that leak, dripping lubricant, and any unsuitable alterations that could affect the product negatively.
- The coffee extraction machine should have a design that makes it easier to clean, thereby maintaining proper hygiene.
Stainless Steel Coffee Extraction Machine
Concerning the use of the coffee extraction machine, GMP requires that:
If the coffee extraction machine is used for substances that are flammable then it should be explosion resistant.
The coffee extraction machine should be installed and located in a spot where it can easily be identified. It should also be positioned correctly to avoid congestion.
- With coffee extraction machine where water is required, you should install vacuum or steam and pressure lines where they are required. The vacuum or steam and pressure lines should be easy to clean, handle and should be distinctly identified.
- Heating system, ventilation system, air-conditioning system, solvent (water) should be able to operate optimally as designed and should be identifiable.
- Coffee extraction machine, its weight, measurements, tests, and records of the coffee extraction machine should be properly maintained. The machine should also be serviced and scaled regularly.
What Are The Safety And Quality Standards For Coffee Extraction Machine?
Most of the safety and quality standards for coffee extraction machines are centered around the Good Manufucturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
Additionally, CE certification is a requirement to show that the equipment is compliant with the Europen health, environmental protection, and safety standards.
Also, an ISO certification, such as ISO9001, ensures quality equipment and customer satisfaction.
Lastly, the machine should be certified by the below bodies:
- Guarantors Laboratory (UL)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineer (ASME)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Do You Supply OEM Coffee Extraction Machines?
Yes, depending on your need and the intended purpose of the machine, we can supply you with OEM coffee extraction machines.
What Is The Coffee Extraction Machine Price Range?
Many factors help to determine the price of a coffee extraction machine.
These factors include; type, size and capacity of the coffee extraction machine.
The place it is manufactured can also affect its pricing. The price average price range is from 1000 to 10,000 dollars.
For all your coffee extraction machines, you can contact Pilotech today.